Garden Wisdom from Cole Gardens
Hey there, plant lovers!
At Cole Gardens, we recognize the challenge of limited natural light in many homes. But fear not, you can still cultivate a verdant indoor oasis. We’re here to provide you with the know-how and the best plant varieties for those less sunny spots in your abode. Here’s how to keep your indoor plants thriving in low light conditions, with a special selection from Cole Gardens.
- Cole Gardens’ Curated Collection for Low Light Areas:
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria): Remarkably tolerant and perfect for low-light corners.
- ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): Its glossy foliage thrives in indirect sunlight, reflecting vitality.
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum): A low-light lover that adds a cascade of greenery to your interior.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum): This graceful plant brings peace and beauty to any dimly lit room.
- Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior): A robust plant that lives up to its name in shady conditions.
- Light Mapping at Home: Assess the light that filters through your space to identify ideal locations for your plants.
- Turn and Grow: Rotate your plants regularly to ensure they grow evenly, despite the limited light.
- Watering with Care: In dimmer conditions, plants use less water, so it’s important to let the soil dry out between waterings.
- Leaf Luminosity: Wipe down leaves to keep them dust-free and better able to soak up available light.
- Artificial Sunshine: Consider supplementing with grow lights to mimic the benefits of natural sunlight.
- Feeding Fundamentals: Go easy on the fertilizer; plants in low light don’t need as much.
- Choosing the Right Container: Ensure your plants are in pots that provide adequate drainage and room for growth.
Step into Cole Gardens and let us guide you in selecting plants that will flourish even in the more shaded spots of your home. We believe every home can be a haven for greenery, no matter the light levels.
Happy indoor gardening,
The Cole Gardens Team